Thursday 7 July 2005

Yum Yum

By now you should know that my favourite topic is FOOD. Can't help it, I live in Penang, food paradise. Its true. 2 times I've gone overseas, once to UK and another to the land of Oz, and each time I've lost weight! I lost 20kgs in UK (alright, feeling homesick and having my ex-gf break up with me was also a factor) and I lost 10kgs while I was in Melbourne (alright, that was also because I went to the gym) but the fact is I lost weight.

I've managed to gain everything I lost and more, which is sad... but its ok. I know I can lose it again.

Anyway, what i wanted to say is that even though Penang has got great food, I realise sometimes its the simplest food that is the most palatable and enjoyable. I had stir-fried sawi (chinese mustard) and fried luncheon meat with rice for dinner last night but it was so good, even if it was simple. Better than any char koey teow or laksa.

Sometimes, the simplest things in life are the best.

No comments: