Tuesday 12 July 2005

Depression...

No, I am not depressed. Don't worry. :)

I was just thinking (yes I am a little bored now) how easy it is for someone to sink into depression. Just take away their purpose for living and they will slowly die a slow death.

It is so important for someone to have a reason to live. How easy it is for us Christians take it for granted cos Christ is the reason for living and THAT is real hope! But we are as easy as the next person to fall into depression. We really need to hang on to God and ask for His joy and His peace to fill us constantly, and that is something we can, and do, neglect from time to time.

Besides that, it is important who surround yourself with family and friends who not only can comfort and encourage you when you are down, but also can gently admonish us and prevent us from wallowing in self-pity. :)

I thank God for family (including you, Su Yin) and friends who are always there for me... thank you all, you know who you are... I am grateful always for what you have done for me.

No comments: