Sunday 10 July 2005

Apart but not alone

I never thought I'd miss Su Yin so much... but I do. Maybe its because we were with each other for the past 3 and 1/2 months. Maybe its hard when soulmates part, even for a short while. I guess I'd have to find a new routine to fit into.

God is so faithful to me... I admit that though I did not forget Him, I was pretty much preoccupied in making up for the time Su Yin and I were apart and do things together. We were apart so long and so often that every time Su Yin comes back to Penang, its like starting the relationship afresh. We had to get use to habits and quirks that we picked up when we were apart. It can be tough but fun and refreshing at the same time. So now that Su Yin has gone back to Kuching again, I realise that I have also neglected my relationship with God.

Still, never has He left me nor forsaken me and I am so thankful for that. Today, I really felt God's presence in church today. I realised that I have neglected this very precious relationship while trying to rebuild another precious one... I realised that I have gotten my priorities wrong in my effort to balance everything in my life. The only way to do that is to focus on my relationship with Him first, and all other things, including relationships will fall into place.

So, even though Su and I are apart, we are not alone... cos both of us can go to the same Father for comfort, peace, shelter, direction and guidance. He will see us through this year and soon, we will be together again.

Thanks for the timely reminder Lord. :)

No comments: