Monday 13 June 2005

Observations... from the driver's seat

Yesterday, while driving back home after dropping Su off at her place, I got really annoyed... AGAIN... by the ways the drivers in Penang behave on the road. What a contrast between KL and Penang drivers. Yes, KL drivers are really aggresive and fast but in terms of road courtesy, most of them will beat us Penangites hands down. Of course there are a few who will try to bully you cos you drive a Penang plated car but most are ok. Penang drivers do not turn on the indicator when they turn or change lanes, if you do indicate, they will accelerate to block you off. Red traffic lights means go as you wish here in Penang and yellow boxes are meant for you to park in it, blocking traffic at the same time...
However, just as I was telling myself that I have absolutely no respect for such people, a still small voice asked me this question: "Why can't you extend the grace that God has shown you when you did something wrong?" Yes, it is undeserved but I realised that it is exactly what I need to do. Extend God's grace to people I think do not deserve them. That's exactly what grace is.
Funny how most of my musings originate from the point of view of the driver's seat. Maybe its because my car radio is "kaputed". So maybe some of us needs to just switch off the car radio once in awhile and spend some time listening to you own voice and the other still small voice that accompanies as all the time, but is ignored by most of us, most of the time...

No comments: