Friday 19 August 2005

Too long... far too long

Its been awhile that I've felt God's presence in my life. When you don't fill your life daily with God Himself, there is such a void and emptiness that you know only He can fill... yet we still try to fill it with so many other things: work, leisure, relationships... and you know in the end, you come full circle and return to where you started... you and God.

Only God knows and understand the constant struggles that I endure everyday to live up to people's expectations. It can be so, so tiring sometimes that I really feel like giving up.

When people ask you whether you are ok? Do you say, "yeah, I am fine" or "no, I am struggling with life itself"? Its so easy to wear a mask and reply the former to others. Only God knows, how often I have done that... and oh, the smiles you put on your face even though you are hurting so badly inside... you've got to be strong... but for what reason???

In the end, you realise the only source of comfort is in our Heavenly Father. What comfort to hear these words from Him:

Tell the fearful souls, "Courage! Take heart! GOD is here, right here, on His way to put things right and redress all wrongs. He's on his way! He'll save you!"
- Isaiah 35:4 (MSG)

Yeah, I am still struggling with so much, but it is so comforting to realise that there's always someone you can run to. God will keep calling you back to Him... and He never, ever gives up.

No comments: