Tuesday 28 February 2006

Superstition

I was thinking about this grandmother's superstition while taking my shower: we are always told by our elders that we should not run after a full meal, if not we will get appendicitis. I think there is some truth in it, though maybe not 100% so.

May I put forward this theory that its because when we run after a meal, the blood that is suppose to be concentrated around the stomach area is now somewhere else. Meaning the food will not be broken down and digested properly, meaning these food will have a higher chance of getting stuck in the appendix cavity. What do you think?

If it is true then I think someone out there would have figured it out by now, so let me know ya. If you have prove to refute this theory, please let me know also. Thanks.

No comments: