Thursday 9 February 2006

Its so easy

It is so easy for us to be envious of what other people have and take for granted what we DO have. I'm afraid I'm guilty of falling into this trap time and time again. It is sosick true that everything in this world is drawing us in 3 ways, through our eyes, our desires and our pride. We do so much to go after all these things that we forget that all these things would mean nothing to us when we die.

The only way to combat this is to really fix our eyes on God and be consciously thankful for everything, good or bad, that He has allowed us to have... the good to bless us, and the bad to help us grow to be more like Him.

Lord, I thank you for what you've so richly blessed me with. Family, fiancee and friends to love... a job to work in... a home to live in... food to eat... clothes to wear... Thank you Lord. Thank you also for trials, illness and problems that come my way too, cos it allows You to work in me, and through me. Thank you for all that You've done for me, for being there for me time and time again... Thanks.

No comments: