Thursday 30 March 2006

Salary Man

Got my pay... and my bonus... not much lah but I am still thankful for what God has given me. Its so easy to gripe about the lack of increment but when you put things into perspective, there's really so much to thank God for...

If I compare with the people who earns more than me, of course I will not be satisfied... but to think that majority of the people out there in this world barely makes enough to eke out a meal everyday, I am thankful for what I have.

I've often pondered if it is appropriate for me to ask for a raise as a Christian... it may be a no-brainer for a non-Christian to ask this question but as a Christian, it is my God that is the One supplying all of my needs, therefore it is natural as a Christian that we should ask Him for the raise instead from our boss right? So, part of me struggles to understand and accept this fact. I do not know if this struggle is normal but it is real.

The only way I am coping with this struggle is to submit to God, remembering His promise that He will supply all my needs, according to His riches and glory, and also to be thankful always for His daily provisions... :)

No comments: