Friday 9 July 2010

Do as He does

I was asking God 2 nights ago that if people don't change, change my perspective and behaviour towards them by being a reflection of God's love. Immediately, I began to worry if people would take advantage of me if I learn to accept people as they are and not struggle against them.

Then a picture came into my mind that people also took advantage of Jesus when he did not fight back. The Romans, Pilate, the priests and the Jewish people taunted him and took advantage of his humility and non-reaction. Christ was so focused on the long term goal of saving all of us that he was willing to lose his pride and our natural instinct to fight back.

What a revelation and comfort that picture gave me. If Christ can endure that kind of humiliation, knowing that God will work things out for us, why can't I?

No comments: